If an open item in SAP cannot be cleared automatically, then it must be cleared using SAP manual clearing. Whilst manual clearing provides more flexibility than automated clearing, it is as its name implies – very manual. Here are some of the short comings of manual clearing:
- It is very labour intensive
- It is difficult to use with large volumes
- It requires configurable selections and displays and is therefore difficult to change as required
- It has limited selection options that are difficult to use
- It has a system lock per account per company code being cleared
The result is a large amount of time being wasted. Skilled resources have to perform time consuming menial tasks just to clear items of SAP accounts instead of managing the true unreconciled items. Added to this, its common practice for additional “balancing” journals to be processed just to facilitate manual clearing. Mass updates to account references is also a common and time-consuming task performed in order to clear accounts. All this does is waste time, create additional unnecessary transactional data and obscure your true document references.
All these shortcomings are now a thing of the past, because with the BEST Clearing Module you get the flexibility of manual clearing with the power of automation and programmatic tools.