Clearing GL Account open items in SAP can be a tedious and time-consuming process. With the BEST GL Clearing Module open item clearing in SAP can now be done automatically with large volumes across multiple companies and account types, without having to post additional entries, make mass changes to references or change any configuration.
Why clear open items in SAP? The benefits of managing your open items in SAP are numerous:
- Clearing open items allows for the actual reconciling items on the account to be revealed, allowing for a better understanding of the balance on your accounts.
- Month end GL reconciliations can be completed faster at month end when accounts are cleared efficiently and regularly.
- Reduced open item counts result in better system performance within SAP such as:
- Improved reporting performance.
- Faster forex revaluations.
- Faster screen loads.
- Cleared items can be archived in line with your archiving strategy.
- SAP upgrades and data migrations are easier with less open items.
How BEST GL Clearing Works
How will the BEST GL Clearing Module benefit your Company?
Time & Cost Savings
- Accounting staff can now spend their time focussing on unreconciled items – instead of expensive resource time being wasted clearing GL Account open items in SAP.
Efficient & Automated
- The BEST Clearing Module combines the flexibility of SAP standard manual clearing with the power of automation and programmatic tools to enable you to manage your SAP open item accounts.
- Clear open items in SAP across multiple company codes and multiple account types in automated batches – something not possible in standard SAP.
- Processing of additional journals and mass changes to references are all common, time-consuming practices associated with manual clearing in SAP. These processes are now unnecessary when using BEST GL Clearing.
- All functionality of the GL Clearing Module is all performed within SAP, from the selection and matching of open items through to the posting of the clearing documents. This is all done using existing user SAP authorizations and client specific configuration.
- Clearing batches created can be processed immediately or batched to be processed in the background at user defined times.
Learn more about clearing GL open items in SAP as well as understand about the limitations of manual clearing in SAP.
You can also automate your General Ledger reconciliations using BEST General Ledger Reconciliation Software